At the time of this article being published, Minecon happened earlier today, and with it came a lot of newly announced information about Minecraft: Pocket Edition 0.12.0. Without wasting anytime, let's hop right into everything we know so far.
- Controller support
- Experience bar
- Enchantment tables
- Brewing stands
- Splash potions
- Mob heads
- Flower pots
- Golden carrots
- Nether warts
- Glistering melons
- Golden apples
- Soul sand
- Nether brick fences
- The Nether
- New version exclusive generated structure
- Iron golems
- Possibly snow golems
- Ghast eggs, glowstone, gunpowder, slimeball, & magma cream added to the creative inventory
- Slimes now have particles when jumping
- Skeletons have a sizzling particle effect when on fire
- New inventory icons for boats
- On the main menu, options button will replace the current gear button in the bottom right corner
- Separate button for skins on main menu
- Skin shows on main menu
- HUD article locations possibly will be stored in a text file, allowing them to be moved around on-screen
- Auto Jump option
- Touchpad implementation fixed on the Sony Xperia Play
The developers also announced in their latest blog post (as of this article being published) about Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition beta, that the 0.12.0 update has a release date of July 29th, 2015.
After day one of Minecon, this is all the confirmed features, tweaks, and bug fixes we have come across. This post will be updated after Minecon ends with any new changes/additions.
Showing 1-10 of 25, newest first
Where could I apply for staff?
IT IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER
Never been to minecon but if I knew when it would hit houstan or cypress I would try to go
CANT WAIT FOR THE NEW UPDATE!!????
Is everyone gonna get it?
I wonder when in August it's coming out since the update got delayed ;-;
OMFG!!!!!! I AM SO FREAKING HYPED ABOUT 0.12.0 ASPESHILLY WHEN THERE ADDING A CRAP TON OF FREAKING FEATURES!!!!!! I LITTERLY CANT WAIT!!!!!!
I can't wait,is so cool