The End ! (Solar Apocalypse)Published Dec 25, 2022
PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, READ ALL THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE INSTALLING THE MOD.
What is the concept of the mod ?
For those who do not know the original mod "Solar Apocalypse", the principle is simple. You start your survival in the greatest of banalities when you realize that the earth, leaves and water begin to disappear around you. Indeed, the sun grows day by day and kills the environment. You have seven days before all of them disappear. Create a fully equipped underground shelter, and recreate the Christmas Ark !
Which features add the mod precisely ?
A lot. I advise you to watch my presentative and explanatory videos below to see in pictures what the mod really adds. But here is a non-exhaustive list of additions :
- A day-by-day evolution of the deteriorating environment (watch the second video for more information)
- A chunks updater allowing chunks to update when the player is not nearby (element in my opinion revolutionary for a Solar Apocalypse)
- Meteorite showers : Meteorites will fall from the sky about once a week
- Storms, hurricanes and tornadoes that will appear when the heat is too intense
- Landslides which appear in caves
- A soundscape that depends on the time, the progress of the apocalypse and the biome you are in
- A sound redesign of the storm and rain
- Background music during stressfull situation
- A water bar that represents your thirst in real time : craft potions, find and drink water so you don't die of thirst !
- A (implicit) temperature system that will affect your thirst bar
- Mo'creatures (modified)
Does the mod have any incompatibilities ? Does it have any bugs ? Can my PC run it ?
I do not recommend at all to combine this mod with others. It has a lot of sounds, system that may strongly malfunction if you combine it with mods that are especially related to the overhaul of entity, environment, atmosphere ... In short, EVERYTHING.
I tested this mod for several hours, fixed a lot of bugs, and I think I can assure that there are none left at the moment. But if you find one, contact me at the address that will be indicated below.
Unfortunately, you need a very powerful PC to run this mod.
So if you experience tick lags or things like that, don't blame the mod, it's your machine, because the mod works very well on my computer after several hours of non-stop play.
I highly recommend lowering the render-distance to 12 chunks.
Do not install the mod before watching the video below :
If you experience a problem, or just want to leave a suggestion : you can contact me on discord. It would be a pleasure :).
Discord : Bounet_045_Fr#5339